Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Christian Faith: Daring To Believe Christ's Promises
Topic Started: Mar 25 2016, 11:05 AM (2,201 Views)
Stef
Member Avatar

This Sunday we will celebrate Christ's Resurrection and all it signifies for all of us.
I find this period in the Ecumenical year to be, for me, the one most conducive to reflection and inner searching.
I need that since I tend to be less of a "scholar" and more of a "working with people" creature. :-)
I value knowledge greatly but "Beware of Analysis Paralysis" has been inculcated into me by my father from when I was quite young.
Though it had nothing to do with religion at that time, the inclination tends to spill over into my spiritual life too.

Anyway, I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all an Easter filled with the joy of His Resurrection.

Stef
Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. – Aesop
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gizmolove
Member Avatar
Gizmolove
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v5xGPbTCyA&list=RDkepkwPtR5bQ&index=7
When it comes to lying, cheating, or stealing, consult your DNC or GOP handbook.

Stef
Member Avatar

Thank you gizmolove. Beautiful hymn.

I transcribe here the lyrics as, for me, they reflect very well the joy and significance of Easter.
Again, thank you.

Stef

I Then Shall Live

I then shall live as one who’s been forgiven;
I’ll walk with joy to know my debts are paid.
I know my name is clear before my Father;
I am His child, and I am not afraid.
So greatly pardoned, I’ll forgive my brother,
The law of love I gladly will obey.

I then shall live as one who’s learned compassion;
I’ve been so loved that I’ll risk loving too.
I know how fear builds walls instead of bridges;
I’ll dare to see another’s point of view.
And when relationship demand commitment,
Then I’ll be there to care and follow through.

Your kingdom come around and through and in me;
Your power and glory, let them shine through me;
Your Hallowed name, O may I bear with honor,
And may You living Kingdom come in me.
The Bread of Life, O may I share with honor,
And may You feed a hungry world through me.

Amen. Amen. Amen.

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

Bump to get Fact off the index page.
I thought as I got older, I would learn wisdom and patience, but the only thing I have learned so far is that I don't give a damn.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stef
Member Avatar

Thank you Wilmy. Much appreciated.

Stef

Deleted User
Deleted User

Looks like Jesus broke his promises.

On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. (John 16:23-24)

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Faith & Prayer (Abrahamic religions :) · Next Topic »
Add Reply