Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Vg Ooc; OOC
Topic Started: Mar 24 2016, 03:18 PM (2,917 Views)
Imperator-dei
Member Avatar

Hello, is anyone else out there?
My sons, the galaxy is burning. We all bear witness to a final truth - our way is not the way of the Imperium. You have never stood in the Emperor's light. Never worn the Imperial eagle. And you never will. You shall stand in midnight clad, Your claws forever red with the lifeblood of my father's failed empire, Warring through the centuries as the talons of a murdered god. Rise, my sons, and take your wrath across the stars, In my name. In my memory. Rise, my Night Lords.”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Two-Five

I am here. It is unfortunate that Perspectives lost nearly 12 years of posts, and we lost the entire history of the Model UN and Virtual Government.

If we manage to get the Virtual Government up and running again, I'm afraid I will be unable to participate as a member due to my professional obligations. However, I will observe the forum for nostalgic reasons, and I will be available as an "elder statesman" to give advice to the members.

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

Good to see you folks again. I sent SharkRider a PM on Facebook, but haven't got a response yet.

Anyone know how else to reach her?
I thought as I got older, I would learn wisdom and patience, but the only thing I have learned so far is that I don't give a damn.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Two-Five

She has sent me e-mails from multiple accounts over the years. Only one of these accounts is still registered. I can send you the address by PM.

mysysail
Member Avatar
Global_Hick
Welcome!
Shall try to send Sharky an eMail.
---
Quote:

Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

As to no avail, unfortunately.
Edited by mysysail, Mar 25 2016, 03:13 AM.

mysysail
Member Avatar
Global_Hick
Maybe, this Link helps to trace texts in your Section.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:glem7WK4UvQJ:conservative.com/forums/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D43%26t%3D132617%26start%3D3150+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=de

Imperator-dei
Member Avatar

If I can get at least two others interested I would like to run it as if we are separate nations who merging into one almost like a reverse Yugoslavia...
My sons, the galaxy is burning. We all bear witness to a final truth - our way is not the way of the Imperium. You have never stood in the Emperor's light. Never worn the Imperial eagle. And you never will. You shall stand in midnight clad, Your claws forever red with the lifeblood of my father's failed empire, Warring through the centuries as the talons of a murdered god. Rise, my sons, and take your wrath across the stars, In my name. In my memory. Rise, my Night Lords.”

mysysail
Member Avatar
Global_Hick
Good idea, @ Imperator.
Ya gotta find somebody like Tito, a Croatian, who would turn in his grave were he alive today.

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

Sharkie emailed me this morning from the addy two-five gave me. She said thanks, good to know p.com is still kickin'. No other response.
I thought as I got older, I would learn wisdom and patience, but the only thing I have learned so far is that I don't give a damn.

mysysail
Member Avatar
Global_Hick
Should she want to give Acte de Presence here, please tell her we are awaiting her and reserved a Screen-Handle for her.

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

I did, Sail, and told her to create a username, then PM D

Two-Five

Let's hope we can get some members interested. I would like to see this place up and running again, and I'm curious to see what kind of simulation it will turn out to be. I have saved the rules thread for the Perspecticus Parliament in case we need a model to work from. For inspiration, here are the forum icons for the previous iterations of the Virtual Government:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Imperator-dei
Member Avatar

Is there anyone who posted so far interested in participating in this?

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

I am not, but I'm wondering if it might not be a good idea for one of you to begin a thread on Op-Ed explaining VG and inviting people to have a look? I'd bet 95% of members/visitors have no idea it's here.

mysysail
Member Avatar
Global_Hick
Good idea, Wilmy. Just posted the Link in your Did ya know Thread.

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

Good, Sail, but don't you think some more explanation might be good? If I didn't already know what a 'virtual government' is I'd probably overlook your post altogether.

mysysail
Member Avatar
Global_Hick
Correct, Wilmy. Two-Five can post the explanation.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

My curiosity is piqued, what is a virtual government?

Two-Five

In a virtual government, the members simulate a government. At various points, Perspectives has had a virtual US government, a Model UN, and the government of a fictitious nation.

This forum can also be used as a special debate forum for Perspectives. The previous Virtual Government forum was used for debate duels, which are highly structured one-on-one debates where the participants are supposed to use evidence from external sources to back up their positions on a particular issue. Although there were only five debate duels in the forum's history, the quality of the debate was high.

The debate duel format could also be modified and adapted to simulate a mock trial court or mock appellate court. A court simulation would not require a large number of participants, nor would it even require a permanent membership list.

Back when Perspectives used WowBB, I made the following image for fun. It portrays various simulations as separate forums. It uses the same style Admin used for the real forums.

Posted Image

The new simulation could be a hybrid or a combination of any of these.

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

Two-five, as I recall, the VG was fairly robust back in the day.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Government (virtual) · Next Topic »
Add Reply