Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bill Maher wants "liberal purists" to @#*$ Off
Topic Started: Jun 18 2017, 10:31 AM (198 Views)
_g R_
Member Avatar

And we say it right back to you, Bill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTLtbeM_W48&t=7s
~ Green Party 2020 ~
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

Who is we? Self-righteous too far left to get votes progressives?

He's right.
Edited by wilmywood8455, Jun 18 2017, 10:42 AM.
I thought as I got older, I would learn wisdom and patience, but the only thing I have learned so far is that I don't give a damn.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

_g R_
Member Avatar

wilmywood8455
Jun 18 2017, 10:40 AM

He's right.
Maher gets shredded in this video, but you won't watch it so you can just take my word for it. Bill drank the DNC establishment Koolaid just like you and your other arrogant corporate Democrat friends .. :cheers:
~ Green Party 2020 ~

_g R_
Member Avatar

Posted Image
~ Green Party 2020 ~

clone
Member Avatar
dis·pu·ta·tious
Who gives a crap what Bill Maher wants....

Posted Image
Don't encourage me...

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

_g R_
Jun 18 2017, 02:48 PM
Posted Image
Pure conjecture. And inaccurate.

I thought as I got older, I would learn wisdom and patience, but the only thing I have learned so far is that I don't give a damn.

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

_g R_
Jun 18 2017, 02:43 PM
wilmywood8455

He's right.
Maher gets shredded in this video, but you won't watch it so you can just take my word for it. Bill drank the DNC establishment Koolaid just like you and your other arrogant corporate Democrat friends .. :cheers:
I won't take your word for anything. You wasted your vote. And now we have a conservative court for the foreseeable future.

Y'all that wasted your votes can go pound sand.

_g R_
Member Avatar

wilmywood8455
Jun 18 2017, 03:58 PM
_g R_
Jun 18 2017, 02:43 PM
wilmywood8455

He's right.
I won't take your word for anything. You wasted your vote. And now we have a conservative court for the foreseeable future.

Y'all that wasted your votes can go pound sand.

I've already shamefully admitted to voting for Hillary. And the person who I campaigned for right up until November 7th, Dr Jill Stein, (after Bernie was railroaded out by the DNC and media) received less tha 2 % of the votes, while 9% of Democrats voted for Trump.
Edited by _g R_, Jun 18 2017, 05:43 PM.
~ Green Party 2020 ~

nNeo

_g R_
Jun 18 2017, 05:42 PM
I've already shamefully admitted to voting for Hillary. And the person who I campaigned for right up until November 7th, Dr Jill Stein received less tha 2 % of the votes, while 9% of Democrats voted for Trump
7% of registered Republicans voted for Hillary. I'm not sure how many would have voted for Bernie, but all of the "___ would have won" statements seem to overlook the biggest factor:

About 45% percent of Americans eligible to vote in 2016 didn't. All the "what ifs?" pale in comparison. Running two highly unpopular candidates against one another led to very low turnout. If either party had offered anyone less horrible, it's likely the outcome would have been different.
Populism is temporary refuge for the ill-informed.

ringotuna
Member Avatar

nNeo
Jun 18 2017, 05:53 PM
_g R_
I've already shamefully admitted to voting for Hillary. And the person who I campaigned for right up until November 7th, Dr Jill Stein received less tha 2 % of the votes, while 9% of Democrats voted for Trump
7% of registered Republicans voted for Hillary. I'm not sure how many would have voted for Bernie, but all of the "___ would have won" statements seem to overlook the biggest factor:

About 45% percent of Americans eligible to vote in 2016 didn't. All the "what ifs?" pale in comparison. Running two highly unpopular candidates against one another led to very low turnout. If either party had offered anyone less horrible, it's likely the outcome would have been different.
truth ^ right there.
I may not always be right, but by God I'm NEVER wrong.

Colors
Member Avatar

_g R_
Jun 18 2017, 10:31 AM
And we say it right back to you, Bill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTLtbeM_W48&t=7s
Time Warner owns HBO.

Time Warner was a big donor for Hillary Clinton.

Bill Maher was doing what so many other, so-called edgy political comedians (like Samantha Bee and John Oliver) have done: shill for the corrupt Democratic Party establishment of corporate sleaze bags.

Real Time with Bill Maher is easily avoidable.

Colors
Member Avatar

nNeo
Jun 18 2017, 05:53 PM
_g R_

Your sentence, "About 45% percent of Americans eligible to vote in 2016 [did not]," is considerate; but, it is routine that, in United States presidential elections, the eligible percentile range of participating voters is usually in the 50s. So, the 45 percent who did not vote, making it 55 percent who did participate by voting, has been fairly consistent for a good number of presidential election cycles. (After the 1960s, the "turnout" has been less than 60 percent. The low point was in 1996, with about 49 percent. See the sidebar, and backtrack to previous presidential elections, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016 .)
Edited by Colors, Jun 19 2017, 03:38 PM.

nNeo

Turnout was a 20 year low. You don't think that running more appealing candidates would bring more voters to the polls?
Edited by nNeo, Jun 19 2017, 04:03 PM.
Populism is temporary refuge for the ill-informed.

Colors
Member Avatar

nNeo
Jun 19 2017, 04:03 PM
Turnout was a 20 year low. You don't think that running more appealing candidates would bring more voters to the polls?
More disturbing is that, for the severe level of unpopularity for both major-party presidential nominees for Election 2016, Donald Trump vs, Hillary Clinton managed to combine for 94 percent of all votes cast for president of the United States.

_g R_
Member Avatar

It's all of the above. The system is rigged .

The last time the Democrats and Republicans allowed a 3rd party candidate into the nationally televised debate was in 1992. Ross Perot did so well, even after being joked about on SNL and late shows everywhere, they put an end to that.

Ralph Nader Knows a little about both these parties also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1HPZv3-Gts
~ Green Party 2020 ~

ringotuna
Member Avatar

Maher is a douche.

ringotuna
Member Avatar

nNeo
321 million people in the U.S. and those two are the best we can do?

_g R_
Member Avatar

Colors
Jun 19 2017, 05:50 PM
nNeo
More disturbing is that, for the severe level of unpopularity for both major-party presidential nominees for Election 2016, Donald Trump vs, Hillary Clinton managed to combine for 94 percent of all votes cast for president of the United States.

In a poll, 20% of voters said they'd rather the earth be destroyed by an asteroid than to have either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump as president.
~ Green Party 2020 ~

clone
Member Avatar
dis·pu·ta·tious
_g R_
Jun 19 2017, 09:25 PM
Colors
Jun 19 2017, 05:50 PM
nNeo

In a poll, 20% of voters said they'd rather the earth be destroyed by an asteroid than to have either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump as president.
Those are the same ones who also said they'd move to Canada after the election.
Don't encourage me...

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

wilmywood8455
Jun 18 2017, 03:56 PM
_g R_
Jun 18 2017, 02:48 PM
Posted Image
Pure conjecture. And inaccurate.

Well we do know he couldn't have done worse than Hillary. 1/3 of his supporters voted for Trump. :cheers:
Tik is a Flat-Earther and so are all his friends.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · MFAB · Next Topic »
Add Reply