Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Restaurant owner almost went bankrupt after Trump's visit during campaign; leftism is full of hatred
Topic Started: May 19 2017, 11:17 AM (634 Views)
Drudge X
Member Avatar

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/restaurant-owner-almost-went-bankrupt-134944311.html
Edited by Drudge X, May 19 2017, 11:21 AM.
This country needs more Bernie Goetz.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drudge X
Member Avatar

I hear a lot of talk about leftists helping the little people but i've yet to seen it.

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

So now if I read you right, you no longer believe in the free market, freedom of association, or that maybe the food, service, and prices sucked?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ringotuna
Member Avatar

Obviously patrons for whatever reason have the right to choose where to do business. But politics is a STUPID STUPID reason.

I may not always be right, but by God I'm NEVER wrong.

W A Mozart
Member Avatar

Fascinating story.

Notice that a George Soros group was behind this? This guy is pure evil...

Mozart

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

ringotuna
May 19 2017, 11:42 AM
Obviously patrons for whatever reason have the right to choose where to do business. But politics is a STUPID STUPID reason.

Of course it is...me personally...I'm betting the fajitas aren't even prepared from scratch...

But seriously..this was a Mexican restaurant, and with Trump's statements, was there any other outcome to be expected here.
Edited by Tsalagi, May 19 2017, 11:50 AM.

ringotuna
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
May 19 2017, 11:38 AM
So now if I read you right, you no longer believe in the free market, freedom of association, or that maybe the food, service, and prices sucked?
,"So now if I read you right" you're saying that it's possible, beginning on the day Trump visited, the food, service, and prices suddenly began to suck?

C'mon Tsalagi, :oyvey I hope you're bein sarcastic.
Edited by ringotuna, May 19 2017, 11:51 AM.

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

ringotuna
May 19 2017, 11:49 AM
Tsalagi
,"So now if I read you right" you're saying that it's possible, beginning on the day Trump visited, the food, service, and prices suddenly began to suck?

Ok, so the prices probably always sucked..hehe

Opinionated
Member Avatar

I'd like to think that we still live in a world where people can choose when and where they eat out.

And do you know what is really, really stupid? As a business owner, making your politics well known and then wondering why your patronage declines.
Edited by Opinionated, May 19 2017, 11:54 AM.

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Opinionated
May 19 2017, 11:53 AM
I'd like to think that we still live in a world where people can choose when and where they eat out.

And do you know what is really, really stupid? As a business owner, making your politics well known and then wondering why your patronage declines.
So you justify attacking people, whether physically or emotionally because of their politics?

ringotuna
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
May 19 2017, 11:51 AM
ringotuna
May 19 2017, 11:49 AM
Tsalagi

Ok, so the prices probably always sucked..hehe
Couldn't find an online menu w/ prices, but their TripAdvisor reviews look pretty good.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g45963-d422647-Reviews-El_Sombrero_Cafe-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

Rock guys are here to start on the fireplaces....gotta jet.. Take care Boss.
Edited by ringotuna, May 19 2017, 12:08 PM.

ringotuna
Member Avatar

Opinionated

We do live in that world...I do anyway.

Both are expressions of freedom of speech. You support the haters, I support the small business owner. No surprises there, coming from someone with such a sick and twisted sense of 'civility'.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Drudge X
May 19 2017, 12:00 PM
Opinionated

So you justify attacking people, whether physically or emotionally because of their politics?
I hadn't realized that deciding to patronize a restaurant where the owner doesn't bring their politics front and center was attacking anyone, either physically or emotionally. I was under the impression that it was just exercising personal choice.

Please explain how this becomes a physical or emotional attack?

Opinionated
Member Avatar

ringotuna
May 19 2017, 12:06 PM
Opinionated

Both are expressions of freedom of speech. You support the haters, I support the small business owner. No surprises there, coming from someone with such a sick and twisted sense of 'civility'.

Was that a sample of what you consider "civility"? If so, I see what you have such a problem with the concept.

thoughtless
Member Avatar

When you serve the public, and mix your business with politics, its sort of like mixing ice cream with cow manure.

It really has very little effect on the cow manure, but the ice cream suffers greatly.

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Opinionated
May 19 2017, 12:15 PM
Drudge X
Opinionated

I hadn't realized that deciding to patronize a restaurant where the owner doesn't bring their politics front and center was attacking anyone, either physically or emotionally. I was under the impression that it was just exercising personal choice.

She was lobbying for small businesses and to have unnecessary regulations remove so she can afford to hire people. You inow providing them jobs, not welfare. Leftists are angry. Why?

ringotuna
Member Avatar

Opinionated
May 19 2017, 12:16 PM
ringotuna
Opinionated

Was that a sample of what you consider "civility"? If so, I see what you have such a problem with the concept.
No, not at all. How do ya like it? Not much fun on the receiving end?

ringotuna
Member Avatar

thoughtless
May 19 2017, 12:18 PM
When you serve the public, and mix your business with politics, its sort of like mixing ice cream with cow manure.

It really has very little effect on the cow manure, but the ice cream suffers greatly.
:lol:

Can I use that?

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Drudge X
May 19 2017, 12:57 PM
Opinionated
May 19 2017, 12:15 PM
Drudge X
Opinionated

She was lobbying for small businesses and to have unnecessary regulations remove so she can afford to hire people. You inow providing them jobs, not welfare. Leftists are angry. Why?
Who said they were angry? They just don't want to eat at her restaurant.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

ringotuna
May 19 2017, 01:24 PM
Opinionated
May 19 2017, 12:16 PM
ringotuna
Opinionated

No, not at all. How do ya like it? Not much fun on the receiving end?
Have I ever really been that uncivil to you Ringo?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · UnitedStates.com DOMESTIC U.S. news · Next Topic »
Add Reply