Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Comey Under Oath: ‘Have Not Experienced Any Requests to Stop FBI Investigations’
Topic Started: May 19 2017, 08:38 AM (60 Views)
Katoblue
Member Avatar

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/17/comey-under-oath-have-not-experienced-any-requests-to-stop-fbi-investigations/

snip..

“So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?” Hirono asked.

“In theory yes,” Comey answered.

“Has it happened? Hirono asked.

“Not in my experience,” Comey responded. “Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that — without an appropriate purpose.”

“I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there, and so you ought to stop investing resources in it,” Comey said. “But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal.

“It’s not happened in my experience,” Comey said

Donna Brazile "Please God, let this end soon"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

truth2p0wer

The statement was specific to interference from the DOJ not the WH. Try listening to the entire statement instead of cherry picking comments.

BuckFan

It was also before he was fired.

Katoblue
Member Avatar

truth2p0wer
May 19 2017, 10:24 AM
The statement was specific to interference from the DOJ not the WH. Try listening to the entire statement instead of cherry picking comments.
Comey Admits Under Oath That Obstructions To Investigations "Never Happened"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-18/comey-admits-under-oath-obstructions-investigations-never-happened

snip..

Some have pointed out that Comey is responding specifically to a question whether someone at the Department of Justice or the Attorney General had ever asked him to halt an investigation.

That is true, however, his response is not specific. His response is general...

" it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something like that -- without an appropriate purpose... I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal... It's not happened in my experience."

It seems like ANY "pressure" to stop an investigation is a "big deal" and that's "not happened."

Donna Brazile "Please God, let this end soon"

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

Comey has agreed to testify in a Congressional hearing !!!!...... :hooray:

However, he will only be asked previously agreed to questions and not be placed under oath............. :booboo:

Let the ant circus begin !!!........... :oyvey

Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Op EDITORIALS: personal & political governance · Next Topic »
Add Reply