Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chris Cornell dead at age 52
Topic Started: May 18 2017, 06:07 AM (85 Views)
Freaks
Member Avatar

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/entertainment/chris-cornell-dead/index.html

"hris Cornell, lead singer of Soundgarden and Audioslave, died Wednesday night, his representative told CNN.

Cornell, 52, was in Detroit performing with Soundgarden, which had embarked on a US tour in April. Brian Bumbery, his representative, called Cornell's passing "sudden and unexpected" in a statement to CNN."
"I'll be the fella to save his Cinderella,
by turnin' her dream world into real life."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Word is he committed suicide.

Hope he finally found peace.

This country needs more Bernie Goetz.

_g R_
Member Avatar

They're sying he hung himself. :oyvey

Rest in peace Chris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y6Qev04QyQ
Jesse Ventura 2020

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Looks like Rob Halford is struggling to catch a breath. :lol:
This country needs more Bernie Goetz.

_g R_
Member Avatar

Drudge X
May 19 2017, 12:35 AM
Looks like Rob Halford is struggling to catch a breath. :lol:
He's probably 60 something in that video and that was like 7 years ago I believe.
For the record, I wish my homeboy (Akron , Ohio) Ripper Owens would have kept the job.
:guitar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT_tNxr2V7A
Edited by _g R_, May 19 2017, 03:34 PM.
Jesse Ventura 2020

Adolph Hipster
Member Avatar

Here is a good article that pays better tribute to this man than I ever could

How Chris Cornell Shaped Seattle Music

When Chris Cornell entered a room, the air seemed to hum with his presence. All eyes darted to him, then danced over his mop of curls and lanky frame. He appeared to carry himself carelessly, but there was calculation in his approach—the high, loose black boots, tight jeans, and impeccable facial hair his standard uniform. He was a rock star. He knew it. He knew you knew it. And that didn’t make him any less likable. When he left the stage—and, in my case, his Four Seasons suite following a 2009 interview—that hum leisurely faded, like dazzling sunspots in the eyes.

That presence helped Cornell reach the pinnacle of popular music as frontman for Soundgarden. It allowed him to tour the world with that band, and as a solo artist. It factored into Grammy Award nominations and wins, songs for major Hollywood films. It made him a target of paparazzi. It helped make him famous.

But there was more to Cornell than the magnetism, musical talent, and that unmatched, pliant voice that his fans yearned for. He was a mentor and loyal friend. He elevated other artists just by being around, in the rehearsal space, in the apartment. For those he bonded with, the impact was much greater. He helped shape their personas and careers. And through his relationships with two other band leaders—Malfunkshun and Mother Love Bone’s Andrew Wood, and Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder—singlehandedly shaped the Seattle-centered global revolution that was grunge.

http://www.seattleweekly.com/music/how-chris-cornell-shaped-seattle-music/
I have come ten million miles
And traveled on your Earth
And with his hands
The fiery beast may consummate my birth

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · ENTERTAINMENT & FASHION · Next Topic »
Add Reply