Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Congress considering new 'tax' on troops for GI Bill; scum
Topic Started: Apr 20 2017, 08:03 PM (294 Views)
dr345
Member Avatar

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/military/the-intel/sd-me-gibill-tax-20170419-story.html
"He will die in jail"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

Unbelievably stupid idea.
I thought as I got older, I would learn wisdom and patience, but the only thing I have learned so far is that I don't give a damn.

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Phony outrage from the left.
Leftists love diversity until they have to experience it.

The Inquisitor

Another fake news story from a partisan site. :nana:
The "Liberal Left Mantrum"
Do as I say and never as I do, As I know better than you

dr345
Member Avatar

^conservatives in denial of the hate Republicans have for our troops.
"He will die in jail"

CautionaryTales
Member Avatar

The Inquisitor
Apr 20 2017, 08:13 PM
Stars and Stripes
https://www.stripes.com/news/proposal-in-congress-would-require-servicemembers-to-pay-into-gi-bill-for-benefits-1.464199#.WPlQAB8pChC

Governing is hard. Harder than selling weak lemonade to rubes.

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

The Inquisitor
It's not fake news..my son's already investigated it on behalf of his platoon, public affairs has the information. This action is positively obscene.

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Again, more phony outrage from the left. Let's see how pages this will go.
Leftists love diversity until they have to experience it.

The Inquisitor

Tsalagi
Apr 20 2017, 08:24 PM
The Inquisitor
It's not fake news..my son's already investigated it on behalf of his platoon, public affairs has the information. This action is positively obscene.
Nothing more than a scare campaign to counter any tax reform by Republicans as being popular :rollseyes:

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Drudge X
Apr 20 2017, 08:27 PM
How is it fake outrage? You do know there are at least 3 veterans currently posting here with left-leaning tendencies right...that Op himself is former Navy, dem4life was former Navy, Cautionary Tales is former Navy (man as a Marine, I am feeling positively surrounded by squids). You don't think as veterans their outrage is genuine? That fully half my son's platoon are Democrats who will at some point want to avail themselves of the GI BIll, and how many days have you spent in uniform?

The Inquisitor

Tsalagi
Apr 20 2017, 08:38 PM
Drudge X
How is it fake outrage? You do know there are at least 3 veterans currently posting here with left-leaning tendencies right...that Op himself is former Navy, dem4life was former Navy, Cautionary Tales is former Navy (man as a Marine, I am feeling positively surrounded by squids). You don't think as veterans their outrage is genuine? That fully half my son's platoon are Democrats who will at some point want to avail themselves of the GI BIll, and how many days have you spent in uniform?
"You do know there are at least 3 veterans currently posting here with left-leaning tendencies"
Do you know this for sure?
Fair chance they are, good on them, but how do we know?

Right-Wing
Member Avatar

The military shouldn't offer to pay for college at all...
So, the Russians hacked everything except for an unsecured email server in Hillary Clinton's basement?

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Right-Wing
Apr 20 2017, 09:07 PM
Why not?

dr345
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Drudge X
Army
"He will die in jail"

The Inquisitor

dr345
Apr 20 2017, 09:32 PM
Tsalagi
Drudge X
Army
I'm sure that Tsalagi will retract and correct this error :shakeshead:
Edited by The Inquisitor, Apr 20 2017, 10:17 PM.

Right-Wing
Member Avatar

Right-Wing
What if a soldier is not cut out for college, what if he/she plans to be a painter or carpenter after his/her service. Those soldiers who choose not to or cannot go to college do not receive the same benefits as soldiers who are able to and choose to.
So, the Russians hacked everything except for an unsecured email server in Hillary Clinton's basement?

The Inquisitor

Right-Wing
Apr 20 2017, 11:10 PM
Right-Wing
What if a soldier is not cut out for college, what if he/she plans to be a painter or carpenter after his/her service. Those soldiers who choose not to or cannot go to college do not receive the same benefits as soldiers who are able to and choose to.
Nowadays, college seems to be a part of the indoctrination course..... left or right?, alas mostly left :rollseyes:
Edited by The Inquisitor, Apr 20 2017, 11:19 PM.

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Right-Wing
Right-Wing
You do know they can use the money at vocational institutes right? So you would deny those servicemembers wanting to expand their knowledge, sense of self, and financial foundation because some want to be paints and carpenters?

I bled for this country...but it's not enough to merit such a consideration? I took advantage of the Montgomery GI BIll, my grandfather and father both took advantage of it.

Right-Wing
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Apr 20 2017, 11:20 PM
Right-Wing
Right-Wing
You do know they can use the money at vocational institutes right? So you would deny those servicemembers wanting to expand their knowledge, sense of self, and financial foundation because some want to be paints and carpenters?

I bled for this country...but it's not enough to merit such a consideration? I took advantage of the Montgomery GI BIll, my grandfather and father both took advantage of it.
Oh geez spare us the melodrama...

It's an unfairly distributed bit of compensation to our soldiers. I would prefer they were are all just paid more....you got a problem with that?

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Right-Wing
Apr 20 2017, 11:56 PM
Tsalagi
Apr 20 2017, 11:20 PM
Right-Wing
Right-Wing

Oh geez spare us the melodrama...

It's an unfairly distributed bit of compensation to our soldiers. I would prefer they were are all just paid more....you got a problem with that?

I'd rather they go to college, unfairly distributed, how so? You don't want to go to an academic center of higher learning, you don't have to..you can go to a vocational facility to cut and shape wood or piping if you want.

Salaries only last long enough to pay that month''s bills...a degree helps them long after they hang up the uniform. Ask the other vets on here...a hundred bucks more in their paychecks a month..or a chance of going to college..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Op EDITORIALS: personal & political governance · Next Topic »
Add Reply