Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
White House denies misleading public in aircraft carrier mix-up; Spicer blamed the Pentagon for any confusion.
Topic Started: Apr 19 2017, 03:04 PM (239 Views)
George Aligator
Member Avatar

White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Wednesday denied that the Trump administration misled the public when the president said last week that a U.S. aircraft carrier was heading toward the Sea of Japan.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/329520-white-house-denies-misleading-public-in-aircraft-carrier-mix-up
I do not respond to memes
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Coast2coast

Some go this way! Other's go...
Posted Image

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

Impeachment is too good him this time.

:lol:
Tik is a Flat-Earther and so are all his friends.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Is this where he blames Obama again?

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Maybe it was the "deep state", looking to undermine his administration?

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Oh, I know. It was Susan Rice!

George Aligator
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Apr 19 2017, 04:13 PM
One thing for sure: it wasn't the US Navy that screwed up. CNO knows where all those ships are every minute of the day and night. He also knows where they are going. Trying to pin this one on the Pentagon isn't going to work, but it is going to piss off quite a few Naval officers. The Army may get a good laugh out of it though.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

George Aligator
Apr 19 2017, 04:37 PM
Opinionated
One thing for sure: it wasn't the US Navy that screwed up. CNO knows where all those ships are every minute of the day and night. He also knows where they are going. Trying to pin this one on the Pentagon isn't going to work, but it is going to piss off quite a few Naval officers. The Army may get a good laugh out of it though.
Yeah, misplacing a carrier task force is the kind of thing that breaks naval careers. The likelihood that the navy misinformed the White House is about nill. So something else happened. But of course, the White House can't admit, for example, that Trump just pulled the idea out of his back side, like he did with the Obama "wire tapping" thing, which seems quite likely to me.

George Aligator
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Apr 19 2017, 05:14 PM
George Aligator
Opinionated
Yeah, misplacing a carrier task force is the kind of thing that breaks naval careers. The likelihood that the navy misinformed the White House is about nill. So something else happened. But of course, the White House can't admit, for example, that Trump just pulled the idea out of his back side, like he did with the Obama "wire tapping" thing, which seems quite likely to me.
Ya got that right. A carrier task force isn't like an Uber cab. The Navy doesn't mix this sort of information up. Spicer? That former Easter bunny is so scrambled and defensive that he doesn't know what he is saying from one question to the next. Trump still hasn't grasped that his tweets as President aren't like his lines on Celebrity Apprentice. When he ad libs, the world takes him seriously. Less and less each day, though.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

George Aligator
Apr 19 2017, 05:53 PM
Opinionated
Apr 19 2017, 05:14 PM
George Aligator
Opinionated
Ya got that right. A carrier task force isn't like an Uber cab. The Navy doesn't mix this sort of information up. Spicer? That former Easter bunny is so scrambled and defensive that he doesn't know what he is saying from one question to the next. Trump still hasn't grasped that his tweets as President aren't like his lines on Celebrity Apprentice. When he ad libs, the world takes him seriously. Less and less each day, though.
I wonder why they're hanging onto Spicer. Quite frankly, he seems in way over his head.

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Apr 19 2017, 03:47 PM
Is it ok to start blaming Obama for something now? :dunno:
Tik is a Flat-Earther and so are all his friends.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Robertr2000
Apr 19 2017, 06:27 PM
Opinionated
Your guy has never needed permission. The blame game started on day one.

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Apr 19 2017, 10:27 PM
Robertr2000
Opinionated
Still better than leftists. You guys started blaming Bush when he did not even take office.
Leftists love diversity until they have to experience it.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Drudge X
Apr 19 2017, 10:30 PM
Opinionated
Robertr2000
Opinionated
Still better than leftists. You guys started blaming Bush when he did not even take office.
And that is complete BS. Bush wasn't persecute or disparage initially, everyone took a wait and see attitude. And then when 9/11 hit, the entire nation rallied behind him. It wasn't until his administration lied and connived its way into war in Iraq that he started to get heat from the left.

Stop lying so damn much, it makes you look even stupider than you are.

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Apr 20 2017, 07:55 AM
Drudge X
Opinionated
Robertr2000
Opinionated
And that is complete BS. Bush wasn't persecute or disparage initially, everyone took a wait and see attitude. And then when 9/11 hit, the entire nation rallied behind him. It wasn't until his administration lied and connived its way into war in Iraq that he started to get heat from the left.

You are such an angry person. There is no lie. The media hung him out to dry since the day Bush ran for the governor of Texas. Leftists mocked him when he announced his candidacy for president.
Leftists love diversity until they have to experience it.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Drudge X
Apr 20 2017, 09:39 AM
Opinionated
Drudge X
Opinionated
Robertr2000

Quoting limited to 5 levels deepIs it ok to start blaming Obama for something now? :dunno:

You are such an angry person. There is no lie. The media hung him out to dry since the day Bush ran for the governor of Texas. Leftists mocked him when he announced his candidacy for president.
:rollseyes: Lies and more lies. I was a registered voter during that election, and I was paying attention. He was not disparaged like you describe, if anything Gore faced more disparagement at the hands of the media than Bush.

70-101
Member Avatar

Trump was simply throwing red meat to his right-wing constituents when he bragged about his armada on Kim's front door. When in truth it was 300 miles off the coast on N.Korean before Admiral Trump gave the order to reverse rudder and use flank speed and get the hell out of there @ 35.4 Knots before Kim gets mad.

Conservative values must now also include a full retreat in the face of the enemy, while they also claim it was done for tactile reasons.

I told you when Trump started his N.Korean saber rattling it was all BS and bluster, which only served to further confuse our allies.

The Trump administration is a disgrace, but what else is new?

"We should not confuse populism with popularity" - R. Wolffe

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

"Where is the Carl Vinson Battle Group ???...The whole world wants to know..."............... ;)
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Apr 20 2017, 09:55 AM
Drudge X
Apr 20 2017, 09:39 AM
Opinionated
Drudge X
Opinionated

Quoting limited to 5 levels deepIs it ok to start blaming Obama for something now?

:rollseyes: Lies and more lies. I was a registered voter during that election, and I was paying attention. He was not disparaged like you describe, if anything Gore faced more disparagement at the hands of the media than Bush.
So drudge, are you complaining about Bush being blamed for things, or being mocked? If you would stay on one topic it'd be easier to follow what passes for 'logic' with you.

You must be incredibly tired of being so wrong all the time.

Edited by wilmywood8455, Apr 21 2017, 05:16 AM.
I thought as I got older, I would learn wisdom and patience, but the only thing I have learned so far is that I don't give a damn.

The Inquisitor

There wasn't a lot of publicity about where our carriers were on the 3rd to 7th of June 1942. :shakeshead:
It is rumored they were somewhere near Midway Island :hooray:
The "Liberal Left Mantrum"
Do as I say and never as I do, As I know better than you

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · UnitedStates.com FOREIGN* & DEFENSE · Next Topic »
Add Reply