Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The FBI’s director just confirmed it’s investigating the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia
Topic Started: Mar 20 2017, 02:05 PM (613 Views)
CautionaryTales
Member Avatar

FBI Director James Comey has just dropped a bombshell — confirming for the first time that the FBI is investigating links between Trump allies and Russia.

“[The FBI is] investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts,” Comey said.

Comey’s comments were a direct rebuke to President Trump, who has long tried to argue that concerns about potential Russian involvement had been ginned up by Democrats for political gain. Comey is now effectively saying his own boss was misleading the American public, and that a formal criminal probe is indeed underway.

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/3/20/14982018/comey-fbi-investigation-russia-trump-campaign
“There is nothing phony about (citizens) not trusting the people they put in positions of leadership,’ Trey Gowdy.”
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CautionaryTales
Member Avatar

There will be subpoenas, there will be sworn testimony and depositions.
There will be threats of prosecution when underlings are found to have committed treason.
There will be deals cut to allow them to testify under oath, in court to save themselves from jail.

Rats don't stick together once the ship starts to sink.

That "Obama wiretapped me" bs didn't create the distraction that Trump wanted.
Gonna take a nuke launch or some yuuuge terrorist event to turn the spotlight off of Donald Trump now.
Edited by CautionaryTales, Mar 20 2017, 02:14 PM.
“There is nothing phony about (citizens) not trusting the people they put in positions of leadership,’ Trey Gowdy.”

George Aligator
Member Avatar

We say this coming (and I said so) weeks ago. The American pea pull need to understand what is at stake here. Any form of collusion in this matter is a criminal conspiracy to commit treason. If there was no collusion, the POTUS and his closest advisors are fools who have been duped by Russian intelligence. Those are the only options. Either way, its Amendment XXV coming up.
I do not respond to memes
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dr. B
Member Avatar
Platinum Member
Why isn't this topic on UUU?

When it is Obama wiretapping Trump, p.com's moderators immediately censor. But when it is evidence-free Russian hackers or Trump connections, top of the Domestic board. I'm sick of the double standards.
As He died to make men holy let us live to make men free

CautionaryTales
Member Avatar

Dr. B
Mar 20 2017, 02:25 PM

When it is Obama wiretapping Trump, p.com's moderators immediately censor. But when it is evidence-free Russian hackers or Trump connections, top of the Domestic board. I'm sick of the double standards.
Better get used to it b... this is a real live "bombshell" in the news today.
You are watching a bit of history unfold.

I have seen it before, with Nixon, it was pretty swift.

This will be faster than that was.

CautionaryTales
Member Avatar

Good thing Trump is all even tempered, calm, cool and collected.....

Also, there's this..
http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/3/20/14982752/trump-wiretap-claims-officially-debunked-fbi-comey-nsa-rogers
Edited by CautionaryTales, Mar 20 2017, 02:42 PM.

BuckFan

Dr. B

Nice try. This is news, it is testimony by the FBI Director to Congress. You cannot deny it is true, it is being broadcast as I type this.

There is also evidence, as presented in this same hearing in Congress, that Russia hacked the DNC. It is true, you cannot deny it and be believable.

There is no evidence of Obama wiretapping Trump. It is a lie spread by Trump and the Trumpies.

Welcome to reality, you may want to crawl back into Rightie World.

Dr. B
Member Avatar
Platinum Member
Which laws do you think were broken?

CautionaryTales
Member Avatar

Dr. B
Mar 20 2017, 04:06 PM
The investigation will uncover the specific acts of treason committed.

This might be in play
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-administration-relaxes-u-s-sanctions-on-russia-imposed-under-obama/

If Trump was given something from Russia and he reciprocated by using his position to ease policy...quid pro quo...
Well Houston, there is a problem..
Edited by CautionaryTales, Mar 20 2017, 04:13 PM.

Dr. B
Member Avatar
Platinum Member
It is treason to talk to people from a country and then relax sanctions? Let's talk about Iran then.

CautionaryTales
Member Avatar

Dr. B
Mar 20 2017, 04:12 PM
It is treason to talk to people from a country and then relax sanctions? Let's talk about Iran then.
If they gave him something personally and he sold out the position of the country to repay that reward.
Yeah.
It's treason.

CautionaryTales
Member Avatar

That's where an investigation comes into play.
Might be nothing here at all b

Like it was with Clinton.

Might be the beginning of the end,

Like it was for Nixon.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

This should be disturbing to all patriotic Americans. Seriously.

CautionaryTales
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Mar 20 2017, 04:21 PM
Disturbing? yes.
But it is gravely important that this be resolved.
Looking the other way will not cure the problems caused by the Russian interference in our election process. This can't be ignored.
If they decide to wash it over it will only cause greater problems down the road.

Let's just hope the FBI does their job. They already aided Trump one time and that won him the election. I'm not sure they can be trusted.
Edited by CautionaryTales, Mar 20 2017, 04:31 PM.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

CautionaryTales
Mar 20 2017, 04:26 PM
Opinionated
Disturbing? yes.
Looking the other way will not cure the problems caused by the Russian interference in our election process. This can't be ignored.
If they decide to wash it over it will only cause greater problems down the road.

Let's just hope the FBI does their job. They already aided Trump one time and that won him the election. I'm not sure they can be trusted.
If it turns out that Trump was involved and there was collusion, what then? I don't see the GOP impeaching Trump. But, if he colluded with the Russians in an effort to influence the election, successfully or not, how can we let him continue as President? That would be insane. But I half way see this going that way.

George Aligator
Member Avatar

Dr. B
Mar 20 2017, 04:06 PM
It is against the law to accept campaign money or contributions in kind from non-US citizens or foreign governments or corporations.

It is illegal to steal information through hacking and illegal to disseminate it.

It is illegal to give aid or comfort to America's enemies or to conspire with a foreign power to effect the actions or policies of the federal government.

It is a crime of conspiracy to knowingly act in furtherance of any of the above crimes.

It is a crime of misprision to know of any of the above violations and not disclose them to the authorities.

To falsely accuse POTUS or other official of a criminal act such as surveillance without a warrant is the crime of libel.

CautionaryTales
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Mar 20 2017, 04:34 PM
CautionaryTales
Opinionated
Disturbing? yes.

If it turns out that Trump was involved and there was collusion, what then? I don't see the GOP impeaching Trump. But, if he colluded with the Russians in an effort to influence the election, successfully or not, how can we let him continue as President? That would be insane. But I half way see this going that way.
Unfortunately I agree. This Congress may well toss away their own integrity and support treason.

If they do that we are in bigger trouble than we have ever been in this country.

Alt Right PEPE
Member Avatar

CautionaryTales
Mar 20 2017, 02:37 PM
Dr. B

Better get used to it b... this is a real live "bombshell" in the news today.
You are watching a bit of history unfold.

I have seen it before, with Nixon, it was pretty swift.

This will be faster than that was.
It's a "nothing burger"

:lol:
The Euro Sheep Have Invited The Wolves Into Their Midst

George Aligator
Member Avatar

CautionaryTales
Mar 20 2017, 04:37 PM
Opinionated
CautionaryTales
Opinionated
Disturbing? yes.

Unfortunately I agree. This Congress may well toss away their own integrity and support treason.

If they do that we are in bigger trouble than we have ever been in this country.
A quick switch to President Pence under Amendment XXV is the best GOP outcome. Otherwise, the investigations and scandals will continue until until Election Day and result in a congressional wipeout followed by impeachment. Republicans who wish to survive this looming disaster will have to act now. Waiting until the Trump supporter minority figures out what is going on will be far to late.

sauve qui peut

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

CautionaryTales
Mar 20 2017, 04:37 PM
Opinionated
CautionaryTales
Opinionated
Disturbing? yes.

If that happens the Dems will take back Congress in 2018, impeach and convict Trump. Then we'll have to deal with Pence in 2020, who should be easier to beat since WI, MI, OH and PA probably won't get fooled again.

OTOH, I wouldn't bet on any of it happening.

I thought as I got older, I would learn wisdom and patience, but the only thing I have learned so far is that I don't give a damn.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · UnitedStates.com DOMESTIC U.S. news · Next Topic »
Add Reply