Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Noam Chomsky predicts Donald Trump’s administration will cause another financial crash
Topic Started: Mar 19 2017, 08:11 AM (891 Views)
dr345
Member Avatar

Noam Chomsky has warned the Donald Trump-fuelled rally in capital markets is coming to a close and another financial crash is on the horizon.

The economist, historian and linguist said the President’s “anti-estabishment” status was a “joke” given his establishment appointees and anti-regulation policies, which have encouraged the stock market.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/noam-chomsky-donald-trump-administration-financial-crash-crisis-mortgage-deregulation-wall-street-a7631386.html?utm_source=qz&utm_medium=qz&utm_campaign=qz
"He will die in jail"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Giving the market free rein to do what it wants invariably leads to an eventual crash because too many who involve themselves in the market are so inherently greed and self absorbed, that they really could give a flying flip what happens to the economy and everyone else.

BuckFan

Opinionated
Mar 19 2017, 05:18 PM
Giving the market free rein to do what it wants invariably leads to an eventual crash because too many who involve themselves in the market are so inherently greed and self absorbed, that they really could give a flying flip what happens to the economy and everyone else.
We are long overdue for another correction. I have to wonder if the slow growth of the Obama years, so roundly decried by the Right, has held off the inevitable.

I've been hearing of a slow down in the auto industry. Everything else seems to be humming along but I do wonder how Wall Street expects to keep the Stock Market flying when the rest of the economy is on slow and steady.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

BuckFan
Mar 24 2017, 03:02 PM
Opinionated
Mar 19 2017, 05:18 PM
We are long overdue for another correction. I have to wonder if the slow growth of the Obama years, so roundly decried by the Right, has held off the inevitable.

I've been hearing of a slow down in the auto industry. Everything else seems to be humming along but I do wonder how Wall Street expects to keep the Stock Market flying when the rest of the economy is on slow and steady.
Oh, I expect the stock market to deflate any time now, losing upwards of a thousand points, simply because there is no good logical reason for it to be as high as it is, particularly when it appears that Trump was talking a lot of smack but probably isn't going to follow through on most of it.

It's not the stock market I worry about so much, it's the financial industry as a whole. Taking home mortgages. I'm receiving a half dozen or more advertisements for refinancing my home in the mail each week these days. And the last time I received such solicitations so frequently was in the 2005 to 2007 time frame, when the housing market was seriously overheating and the crash was just around the corner.

It makes me nervous.

70-101
Member Avatar

Trump's moving toward dismantling the Dodd-Frank Act. He also signed a memorandum in February that paves the way for reversing the Fiduciary Rule, which requires brokers to act in their client’s best interest, and that's just for starters. The markets will suffer from these two-course corrections alone, with a lot more to come.
"We should not confuse populism with popularity" - R. Wolffe

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Liberal & Democrat.com/Democratic politics forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply