Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Beijing Goes Global: China Expands Marine Force 400%; First Overseas Military Base Almost Complete
Topic Started: Mar 19 2017, 08:00 AM (192 Views)
Siberian
Member Avatar

For most of its recent history, China has largely been a land power with no significant naval capabilities. They haven’t been able to exert much military influence beyond their coastline for hundreds of years. In fact, one of the reasons why Western powers had no trouble bullying China during the 19th and 20th centuries, was because the Imperial Navy under the Qing dynasty was incredibly weak. With that in mind, it’s no surprise that lately, China has been putting a lot of effort into building an effective overseas naval force.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-18/beijing-goes-global-china-expands-marine-force-400-first-overseas-military-base-almo
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drudge X
Member Avatar

So are you cheering for China or against them?
There is no "right" to come to the United States

George Aligator
Member Avatar

Drudge X
Mar 19 2017, 03:22 PM
Strange as it may seem to you, Siberian may not be cheering either way; instead pointing out the historical facts that describe China's motives. The rising naval power of China has global significance and directly impacts US strategy. Of course, that silly Obama saw all this coming and began the strategic shift of American forces to the western Pacific and our alliances in that region, especially Australia, New Zealand and the TTP. Silly little Muslim trainee! If only he were smart like the Donald and listened to Uncle Vladimir, he would have seen the wisdom of America First. Oh well, now we have a business genius running our policies under guidance from Russia. What could possible go wrong?

Drudge X
Member Avatar

George Aligator
Mar 19 2017, 03:37 PM
Drudge X
Mar 19 2017, 03:22 PM
Strange as it may seem to you, Siberian may not be cheering either way; instead pointing out the historical facts that describe China's motives. The rising naval power of China has global significance and directly impacts US strategy. Of course, that silly Obama saw all this coming and began the strategic shift of American forces to the western Pacific and our alliances in that region, especially Australia, New Zealand and the TTP. Silly little Muslim trainee! If only he were smart like the Donald and listened to Uncle Vladimir, he would have seen the wisdom of America First. Oh well, now we have a business genius running our policies under guidance from Russia. What could possible go wrong?
No Gatorman, he is nothing but a cheerleader with pompom. Judging from his past postings, anything viewed as anti-Western or aggression against the West, will have his support.

Siberian
Member Avatar

both of you are right. partially.
Drudge, I have nothing to do with decline of the West, I'm just an observer :) Though, it does not mean I cannot enjoy what I see.

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Siberian
Mar 19 2017, 06:14 PM
both of you are right. partially.
Drudge, I have nothing to do with decline of the West, I'm just an observer :) Though, it does not mean I cannot enjoy what I see.
I don't know about declining but China isn't your friend either.

Siberian
Member Avatar

Drudge, please accept my assurances that Russia will help you to rebuild your country after devastation of nuclear war with China... :) and maybe even use a UN Security councel veto on Chinese resolution turning the US into a Chinese colony... :)

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Siberian
Mar 20 2017, 06:15 AM
Drudge, please accept my assurances that Russia will help you to rebuild your country after devastation of nuclear war with China... :) and maybe even use a UN Security councel veto on Chinese resolution turning the US into a Chinese colony... :)
:lol: Are you ready for another massive US base in Puoyang after the collapse of Kim Jong's regime?

Russia and China better do one hell of a job convincing Kim Jong Eun or we are moving into your backyard.
Edited by Drudge X, Mar 20 2017, 08:13 PM.

70-101
Member Avatar

The Chinese Navy is still learning the art of carrier landings, while Chinese industry is still learning the art of automobile manufacturing. Ladies and Gentlemen may I present the 2017 Jiangnan TT, whose option list was expanded this year to include an FM radio and duel windshield wipers.

Posted Image

"We should not confuse populism with popularity" - R. Wolffe

Drudge X
Member Avatar

The Yugo was more appealing.

Siberian
Member Avatar

70-101
Mar 21 2017, 01:13 AM
The Chinese Navy is still learning the art of carrier landings, while Chinese industry is still learning the art of automobile manufacturing. Ladies and Gentlemen may I present the 2017 Jiangnan TT, whose option list was expanded this year to include an FM radio and duel windshield wipers.

Posted Image

according to statistics of import of cars by Russia for 10 montgs of 2016 - both American and Chinese cars are equial crap... :) or Russians don't buy them equially anyway.. :lol:
Though, to be objective, Ford has its plant in Russia where it produces Ford Focus, it has certain share... along with Chinese cars also assemled in Russia :)
Posted Image
Edited by Siberian, Mar 21 2017, 02:00 AM.

Siberian
Member Avatar

Drudge X
Mar 20 2017, 08:12 PM
Siberian
:lol: Are you ready for another massive US base in Puoyang after the collapse of Kim Jong's regime?

Russia and China better do one hell of a job convincing Kim Jong Eun or we are moving into your backyard.
I would welcome any move making US-China war closer :lol:
Though, there can be certain danger of influx of Chinese refugees in our Far East and Siberia, but I hope they will not make it to our border via Mongolian steppes...

Siberian
Member Avatar

Drudge X
Mar 20 2017, 08:12 PM
Siberian

our Korean response on American agression! And this will happen to everybody who dares... just don't forget to play the tape backwards... :)

https://youtu.be/70MTvxFzZ-Y
Edited by Siberian, Mar 21 2017, 08:19 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · UnitedStates.com FOREIGN* & DEFENSE · Next Topic »
Add Reply