Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Harward says no to national security adviser role
Topic Started: Feb 17 2017, 11:22 AM (458 Views)
Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/politics/harward-says-no-to-national-security-adviser-role/index.html

Ret. Vice Adm. Bob Harward turned down President Donald Trump's offer to be national security adviser Thursday, depriving the administration of a top candidate for a critical foreign policy post days after Trump fired Michael Flynn.

Trump has since named Ret. Lt. Gen. Joseph Keith Kellogg, who worked under Flynn until the latter was asked to resign, as the acting national security adviser. Asked if there was a candidate for national security adviser in sight, a White House official told CNN, "Not that I'm aware of."
"Since retiring, I have the opportunity to address financial and family issues that would have been challenging in this position," Harward said in a statement. "Like all service members understand, and live, this job requires 24 hours a day, 7 days a week focus and commitment to do it right. I currently could not make that commitment. My thoughts and prayers are with those that carry such heavy burdens and responsibility for taking care of our country's national security concerns. God bless this great country of ours."
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
Ouch. Although I have to say you can't blame the guy.

There were several outlets that had this story but I chose CNN because they were the one that quoted an anonymous "friend" of Harward.

Quote:

A friend of Harward's said he was reluctant to take the job because the White House seems so chaotic. Harward called the offer a "s*** sandwich," the friend said.
A Republican official told CNN that Harward made it a condition of taking the job that he could form his own team. In the end, he didn't feel that was the case.

I don't know if the above is fake news or not but it certainly is incendiary.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm.

coverpoint

He was an unlikely choice to be part of the trump administration.

“What makes us a great country — and a military superpower — is the integration of women into the force”
-Vice Adm. Bob Harward

“Women in the military - Bad idea”
- Mike Pence

“Today you have women, which is a whole other story, women in the army and you see what’s going on. It’s like bedlam…”
-trump

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Probably a good call on his part.

estonianman
Member Avatar

coverpoint
Feb 17 2017, 11:46 AM

“What makes us a great country — and a military superpower — is the integration of women into the force”
-Vice Adm. Bob Harward

- Mike Pence

“Today you have women, which is a whole other story, women in the army and you see what’s going on. It’s like bedlam…”
-trump
There is a legitimate case to be made for not having women in the military.
"In Italy there are two types of fascists: fascists and anti-fascists." - Ennio Flaiano

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

estonianman
Feb 17 2017, 11:47 AM
coverpoint

-Vice Adm. Bob Harward

- Mike Pence

-trump
Really, as someone who served alongside some outstanding women Marines I'd like to hear your argument.

estonianman
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Feb 17 2017, 11:54 AM
estonianman
coverpoint

-Vice Adm. Bob Harward

- Mike Pence

-trump
Really, as someone who served alongside some outstanding women Marines I'd like to hear your argument.
To prevent people from xxxxing on the front lines.
"In Italy there are two types of fascists: fascists and anti-fascists." - Ennio Flaiano

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

coverpoint

-Vice Adm. Bob Harward

- Mike Pence

-trump
Trump is better than I thought. The military should be men only.
Yes, Virginia, There is such a thing as White Genocide
#wallsnotwars
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
estonianman
coverpoint

-Vice Adm. Bob Harward

- Mike Pence

-trump
Getting away from nagging females had been a great recruiting perk
#wallsnotwars

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

estonianman
Tsalagi
estonianman
coverpoint

-Vice Adm. Bob Harward

- Mike Pence

-trump
And you think after being in combat zone, dirt, smoke, etc, the first thing on their minds is sex, and with open homosexuals now serving...it wouldn't prevent homosexual sex from occuring amongst male homosexuals?

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Harambe4Trump
Feb 17 2017, 11:55 AM
Tsalagi
estonianman
coverpoint

-Vice Adm. Bob Harward

- Mike Pence

-trump
Anyone else other then the local p.com misogynist have anything to say?

estonianman
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Feb 17 2017, 11:59 AM
estonianman
Tsalagi
estonianman
coverpoint

-Vice Adm. Bob Harward

- Mike Pence

-trump
And you think after being in combat zone, dirt, smoke, etc, the first thing on their minds is sex, and with open homosexuals now serving...it wouldn't prevent homosexual sex from occuring amongst male homosexuals?
It could, but I am not sure how this outlier supports your position.

The dynamic between men and women is biologically different, even to that of homosexual males. Mixing women and men together introduces all kinds of potential irrational behavior - like sex, heroics, jealousy etc. The last thing an army platoon on the front line needs are two individuals that are fighting because one of them cheated.
Edited by estonianman, Feb 17 2017, 12:06 PM.

estonianman
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Feb 17 2017, 12:00 PM
Harambe4Trump
Tsalagi
estonianman
coverpoint
He was an unlikely choice to be part of the trump administration. <br /><br /><br />“What makes us a great country — and a military superpower — is the integration of women into the force”<br />-Vice Adm. Bob Harward <br /><br />“Women in the military - Bad idea” <br />- Mike Pence<br /><br />“Today you have women, which is a whole other story, women in the army and you see what’s going on. It’s like bedlam…” <br />-trump
Its was a joke, wipe your tears social justice warrior.

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
Tsalagi
Feb 17 2017, 12:00 PM
Harambe4Trump
Tsalagi
estonianman
coverpoint

-Vice Adm. Bob Harward

- Mike Pence

-trump
In the latter years of my uncle's career in the Corps he was in logistics. He had female Marines under his command. He had a board with the schedule for his Marines but the female names all had dots by them at certain points on the schedule calendar. I asked what the dots were for. They were for tracking "their goddamned menstrual cycles so that I can know when to expect them to complain about not feeling well or for their performance to drop"

He was a hard ass lol, 32 years in the Corps and another 20 as a civilian running logistics for a major Corps program on the civil side. He did not have a problem with female Marines, he just had a problem with anyone who couldn't do their job. He was not fond of the concept of female Marines in combat roles though. If they could qualify using the exact same standards as the men he was OK with them but he knew that the politicians would always demand a lowered standard so that the women could pass. Before he was in logistics though he was Recon along with some other fun things. His wars were Korea and Vietnam though.
Edited by Demagogue, Feb 17 2017, 12:18 PM.

Dr. B
Member Avatar
Platinum Member
They should pass the same fitness test as men. The standards were lowered under Obama, and real generals were purged while lawyers who never fought a mission were put in charge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To9COZq3KSo
As He died to make men holy let us live to make men free

coverpoint

estonianman
coverpoint

-Vice Adm. Bob Harward

- Mike Pence

-trump
I am sure there are cases to be made, but fortunately, none of them are legitimate. I don’t think trump, or Vice-President Pence or even the Republican Congress will do anything to prevent women from joining the military or advancing military rank. Women in the military have proven themselves with distinction and that is all that really matters.

estonianman
Member Avatar

coverpoint
Feb 17 2017, 12:24 PM
estonianman
coverpoint

-Vice Adm. Bob Harward

- Mike Pence

-trump
I am sure there are cases to be made, but fortunately, none of them are legitimate. I don’t think trump, or Vice-President Pence or even the Republican Congress will do anything to prevent women from joining the military or advancing military rank. Women in the military have proven themselves with distinction and that is all that really matters.

You are debating a non-issue, a windmill. Nobody is debating a woman's capabilities as a soldier.

Read what I wrote to Tsalagi and respond to that.
Edited by estonianman, Feb 17 2017, 12:31 PM.

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

estonianman
Feb 17 2017, 12:05 PM
Tsalagi
Feb 17 2017, 11:59 AM
estonianman
Tsalagi
estonianman

Quoting limited to 5 levels deep-Vice Adm. Bob Harward

- Mike Pence

-trump
It could, but I am not sure how this outlier supports your position.

The dynamic between men and women is biologically different, even to that of homosexual males. Mixing women and men together introduces all kinds of potential irrational behavior - like sex, heroics, jealousy etc. The last thing an army platoon on the front line needs are two individuals that are fighting because one of them cheated.
So again, in a combat zone you're saying they would be so undisciplined, so petty as to actually think their former or current love life would actually take precedence over their duty and the reality of combat?

I always assumed our fighting men and women to have a big more professionalism, go figure. And if we are discussing their quotes above, and your argument that women don't belong in the military or just in combat roles.

It doesn't take much machismo or testosterone to be a forward air controller or a tank mechanic or a aviation ordinance tech. The problem being is that there is no "front line"....everything from Vietnam forward has tended to have military actions entrenched all over a country we have occupied.

coverpoint

estonianman
Feb 17 2017, 12:30 PM
coverpoint
estonianman
coverpoint

-Vice Adm. Bob Harward

- Mike Pence

-trump

You are debating a non-issue, a windmill. Nobody is debating a woman's capabilities as a soldier.

Read what I wrote to Tsalagi and respond to that.
I did read it and I did respond to it. It is not a legitimate case.

The fact that men and women are biologically different is not a barrier to women serving with distinction in the military. That has been repeatedly proven.

Mixing men and women, or mixing Christians and Jews, or mixing whites and blacks has no demonstrable effect on the fighting capability of the Armed Services.

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

coverpoint
estonianman
coverpoint

-Vice Adm. Bob Harward

- Mike Pence

-trump
Women didn't win the world wars; and most other wars in fact
#wallsnotwars

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · UnitedStates.com DOMESTIC U.S. news · Next Topic »
Add Reply