Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Governor, Army Corps Block Deadline Extension For Dakota Pipeline Protesters
Topic Started: Feb 17 2017, 11:09 AM (108 Views)
Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
http://www.oann.com/governor-army-corps-block-deadline-extension-for-dakota-pipeline-protesters-2/

February 17, 2017

By Terray Sylvester

(Reuters) – Federal officials and North Dakota’s governor on Thursday refused to extend next week’s evacuation deadline for activists living in camps that have been a base for months for demonstrations against the multibillion-dollar Dakota Access oil pipeline.

Opponents of the 1,170-mile (1.882-km) line met with officials from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Republican Governor Doug Burgum and the state Department of Transportation on Thursday morning, asking to be given more time to remove their belongings and waste from the camps.

In a statement on Thursday evening, Burgum and the Army Corps refused to extend next Wednesday’s deadline. Army Corps spokesman Ryan Hignight said contractors working for the agency would enter the camp as soon as they could.

“We’re not going to necessarily wait for the 22nd,” Hignight said.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
Time to go home or find your next protest to attend.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm.

estonianman
Member Avatar

Demagogue
Feb 17 2017, 11:09 AM
Time to go home or find your next protest to attend.
That would be an interesting thread over on MFAB
"In Italy there are two types of fascists: fascists and anti-fascists." - Ennio Flaiano

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Demagogue
http://www.oann.com/governor-army-corps-block-deadline-extension-for-dakota-pipeline-protesters-2/

February 17, 2017

By Terray Sylvester

(Reuters) – Federal officials and North Dakota’s governor on Thursday refused to extend next week’s evacuation deadline for activists living in camps that have been a base for months for demonstrations against the multibillion-dollar Dakota Access oil pipeline.

Opponents of the 1,170-mile (1.882-km) line met with officials from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Republican Governor Doug Burgum and the state Department of Transportation on Thursday morning, asking to be given more time to remove their belongings and waste from the camps.

In a statement on Thursday evening, Burgum and the Army Corps refused to extend next Wednesday’s deadline. Army Corps spokesman Ryan Hignight said contractors working for the agency would enter the camp as soon as they could.

So they'll escalate by what...sending in armed goons to evict them? Or use machinery to intimidate them...I'm guessing they're moving now before the court has a chance to rule on the issue.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
Tsalagi
Feb 17 2017, 11:57 AM
Demagogue

February 17, 2017

By Terray Sylvester

So they'll escalate by what...sending in armed goons to evict them? Or use machinery to intimidate them...I'm guessing they're moving now before the court has a chance to rule on the issue.
Actually I believe the court has ruled on the issue of the protesters on the Army Corps land. They have to be off by the 22nd. The problem is that there are sanitation issues that the government needs to clean up so the squatters gotta go. If the get in the way then they will probably be removed by force.

The kid gloves and navel gazing times ended when Obama was shown the door.

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Demagogue
Feb 17 2017, 12:01 PM
Tsalagi
Demagogue

February 17, 2017

By Terray Sylvester

Actually I believe the court has ruled on the issue of the protesters on the Army Corps land. They have to be off by the 22nd. The problem is that there are sanitation issues that the government needs to clean up so the squatters gotta go. If the get in the way then they will probably be removed by force.

Please explain the usage of "Kid gloves and navel gazing"?

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
Tsalagi
Feb 17 2017, 12:05 PM
Demagogue
Tsalagi
Demagogue

February 17, 2017

By Terray Sylvester

When they damaged equipment the first time they should have bombed the entire place to CS gas and then used LRADs mounted on armored vehicles to push the people of the land.

Allowing them any leeway whatsoever was kid gloves.

The naval gazing is what all of the protesters were doing. I actually know someone who was up there with them protesting, the guy is a bit of a flake so he fit right in. I got to see all kinds of great photos from inside the camp.

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Demagogue
Feb 17 2017, 12:17 PM
Tsalagi
Demagogue
Tsalagi
Demagogue

February 17, 2017

By Terray Sylvester

When they damaged equipment the first time they should have bombed the entire place to CS gas and then used LRADs mounted on armored vehicles to push the people of the land.

The naval gazing is what all of the protesters were doing. I actually know someone who was up there with them protesting, the guy is a bit of a flake so he fit right in. I got to see all kinds of great photos from inside the camp.
Aa relatively peaceful protest and you want to use armed thugs to clear them out how very gestapo or 3rd world junta of you.

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
Tsalagi
Feb 17 2017, 12:27 PM
Demagogue
Tsalagi
Demagogue
Tsalagi

Aa relatively peaceful protest and you want to use armed thugs to clear them out how very gestapo or 3rd world junta of you.

I do believe they destroyed and set fire to some equipment. I would have taken that escalation by them as their announcement that they were ready to be removed by force.

Exactly what is it that you consider peaceful about arson and people lobbing Molotov cocktails?

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Demagogue
Feb 17 2017, 12:33 PM
Tsalagi
Demagogue
Tsalagi
Demagogue

I do believe they destroyed and set fire to some equipment. I would have taken that escalation by them as their announcement that they were ready to be removed by force.

Exactly what is it that you consider peaceful about arson and people lobbing Molotov xxxxtails?
If they committed such a criminal action, I don't have a problem arresting those directly responsible for it (isn't that what we on the right preach, a sense of personal responsibility, while the left promotes groupthink?) and not the protest as a whole.

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
Tsalagi
Feb 17 2017, 12:41 PM
Demagogue
Tsalagi
Demagogue
Tsalagi

Exactly what is it that you consider peaceful about arson and people lobbing Molotov xxxxtails?
If they committed such a criminal action, I don't have a problem arresting those directly responsible for it (isn't that what we on the right preach, a sense of personal responsibility, while the left promotes groupthink?) and not the protest as a whole.
I am sure that they will be welcome to continue their protests over on the Standing Rock lands.

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Demagogue
Feb 17 2017, 01:13 PM
Tsalagi
Demagogue
Tsalagi
Demagogue

I am sure that they will be welcome to continue their protests over on the Standing Rock lands.
And an effective protest it would be...they can wave their placards while the Corps of Engineers drills away

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
Tsalagi
Feb 17 2017, 01:40 PM
Demagogue
Feb 17 2017, 01:13 PM
Tsalagi
Demagogue
Tsalagi

And an effective protest it would be...they can wave their placards while the Corps of Engineers drills away
I don't think the Corps is doing any drilling.

Good news though, the drilling is going well, far better than expected. At the rate they are going it looks like they should be able to get all of that drilling equipment out of there in 30 days, maybe less. They were thinking it would take a couple months but I guess global warming is working in their favor. :victory:

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Demagogue

February 17, 2017

By Terray Sylvester

They will suppress the Indian uprising...If they don't return to the reservation, the Indians will be chased to the Canadian border by Air Calvary......... :victory:
Edited by Robert Stout, Feb 17 2017, 04:40 PM.
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · UnitedStates.com DOMESTIC U.S. news · Next Topic »
Add Reply