Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How can this be?; very strange occurrence
Topic Started: Feb 11 2017, 07:04 PM (384 Views)
Aetheria
Member Avatar

I was driving a rental car because I had a flat tire in my car. The rental company said there would be a fee if it smelled like people had been smoking inside. Since I don't smoke I didn't think much of it. I drove it around to do some chores and then drove it to a restaurant to eat some breakfast. When I was done with my meal and went inside THE CAR SMELLED LIKE CIGARRETES. :confused:

I asked some friends what could have caused this and one said it was impossible, but another suggested that I might have been driving with the parking brake on.

Any ideas? :confused:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

Certainly a possibility. That or maybe a plastic bag on the exhaust, or something under the hood burning.
I thought as I got older, I would learn wisdom and patience, but the only thing I have learned so far is that I don't give a damn.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stretch351c
Member Avatar

Parking brake partially on would cause that smell.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
Terry Pratchett

mysysail
Member Avatar
Global_Hick
Air-con vent clogged up?

stretch351c
Member Avatar

I don't think a clogged vent would cause that type of smell. A plastic bag that got blown underneath while the exhaust was still hot or a partially engaged parking brake would be a more likely cause. Although the warning light on the dash should have been on if the brake was engaged, depending on how sensitive the switch is.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
Terry Pratchett

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Automotive · Next Topic »
Add Reply