Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Mars rover just sent back data that has scientists completely stumped
Topic Started: Feb 7 2017, 08:35 AM (187 Views)
wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

The Curiosity rover has been cruising around on Mars since late 2012, so you’d think that scientists would have a pretty good handle on the kind of data it’s been sending back by now. However, some of the latest readings the rover has taken are totally contradicting many of the theories scientists have about Mars, and most notably when and how liquid water existed on its surface.

We — and by “we” I mean scientists that are way more intelligent than you or I — know few concrete things about Mars’ past, but one thing we’re sure of is that liquid water once existed on its surface. There’s been ample evidence to suggest it, and at this point it’s something most scientists assume as fact.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/mars-rover-just-sent-back-data-scientists-completely-234039889.html
I thought as I got older, I would learn wisdom and patience, but the only thing I have learned so far is that I don't give a damn.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
Maybe the scientists theories about greenhouse effect are not as accurate as they think they are with regard to carbon dioxide.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm.

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

Sounds like it, doesn't it?
I thought as I got older, I would learn wisdom and patience, but the only thing I have learned so far is that I don't give a damn.

Attaburnsinhell

Demagogue
Feb 7 2017, 12:03 PM
Maybe the scientists theories about greenhouse effect are not as accurate as they think they are with regard to carbon dioxide.
Scientists have a lot more data and instruments to go on here on Earth than a little robot tooling around a couple of hundred thousand miles away

Sorry, man made global warming is already proven fact

Sammy
Member Avatar

Attaburnsinhell
Feb 7 2017, 09:04 PM
Demagogue
Scientists have a lot more data and instruments to go on here on Earth than a little robot tooling around a couple of hundred thousand miles away

:rotflmao: :box: The Aliens disagree with your fake theories! :biggrin:

Earth the Final frontier, where the Last Aliens will conqueror....... :popcorn: Sammy

Posted Image

Please stay away from MARS

Attaburnsinhell

Sammy
Feb 8 2017, 01:48 AM
Attaburnsinhell
Demagogue

Earth the Final frontier, where the Last Aliens will conqueror....... :popcorn: Sammy

Posted Image

Stop talking like an idiot, you're embarressing yourself

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
Attaburnsinhell
Demagogue

Nothing in what I said was disputing that the average temperature on the earth has risen over the last 150 years.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm.

Sammy
Member Avatar

Attaburnsinhell
Feb 8 2017, 10:05 AM
Sammy
Feb 8 2017, 01:48 AM
Attaburnsinhell
Demagogue

Posted Image

Stop talking like an idiot, you're embarressing yourself
Come on man....really!!!!!! You must be new to this site! :biggrin:

Lets see , HUMANS WANT TO GO TO MARS, We find that kind of embarrassing..........

How many movies do you have of humans going to Mars? 1

Now how many movies of Aliens do you have about Aliens on Earth? So many we can't count them all...... :rotflmao:

If you're going to debate us Extraterrestrials you better know your facts Human...... :usa: Sammy

List of films featuring extraterrestrials
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_featuring_extraterrestrials

Sammy
Member Avatar

Attaburnsinhell
Demagogue

This is not true , humans didn't create the planet to warm! :popcorn: Sam

Sammy
Member Avatar

Remember the Earth's core.....it's it dying? :) Sammy

Edited by Sammy, Mar 19 2017, 12:38 PM.

nNeo

Derpy article is derpy. I wish media would report science straight, not try to make it more controversial or mysterious than it is. The perspective given is like finding the fossilized bones of a cow and saying "how could steaks and milk have come from these?". There used to be more.

Mars lost most of it's atmosphere to space, mostly because unlike earth it lacks a magnetic field. There was once much more CO2, and water vapor, and perhaps methane, but they bulk are now gone, the rest frozen.

Hatred is a security blanket for idiots.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammy
Member Avatar

nNeo
Mar 21 2017, 09:30 AM
Derpy article is derpy. I wish media would report science straight, not try to make it more controversial or mysterious than it is. The perspective given is like finding the fossilized bones of a cow and saying "how could steaks and milk have come from these?". There used to be more.

Mars lost most of it's atmosphere to space, mostly because unlike earth it lacks a magnetic field. There was once much more CO2, and water vapor, and perhaps methane, but they bulk are now gone, the rest frozen.

And in time (evolution) will to the same to Earth . THERE WAS A BALANCE OF ICE AND SNOW, as time goes on there'll be an imbalance . Creating a quicker rate of drought and disease. MARS IS A GOOD PICTURE OF EARTH'S FURTURE! :biggrin: Sammy

The big picture or more detailed picture is that humans like most species will have the same result as the walrus . :popcorn: Sam

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Science (natural) & Technology · Next Topic »
Add Reply