Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Dodge Demon will be a hellacious muscle car
Topic Started: Jan 12 2017, 07:06 PM (2,219 Views)
Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/01/12/new-dodge-demon-will-be-hellacious-muscle-car.html

Dante, your new car is here.

Dodge is entering the next level of Hellcat.

The automaker has announced that it is bringing back its legendary Demon nameplate, this time as an even more powerful version of the 707 hp Challenger Hellcat muscle car.

The Challenger SRT Demon will make its debut at the New York International Auto Show in April.

Dodge says the car was built with one purpose in mind.

"The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is conceived, designed and engineered for a subculture of enthusiasts who know that a tenth is a car and a half second is your reputation," says Tim Kuniskis, Fiat Chrysler’s head of passenger car brands.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
This could be interesting. Is Dodge going to sell a factory 10 second car?
Edited by Demagogue, Jan 12 2017, 07:07 PM.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm.

70-101
Member Avatar

Demagogue
Jan 12 2017, 07:07 PM
This could be interesting. Is Dodge going to sell a factory 10 second car?

They'll sell every single one they build. :cheers:

My only problem is with the cars name. The early 70's Dodge Demon was basically a Valiant with a 340, and a few silly red devil decals. The Demon was considered a low budget teens car like its corporate cousin the Dodge Dart Swinger.

Edited by 70-101, Jan 13 2017, 02:59 AM.
"We should not confuse populism with popularity" - R. Wolffe

edro14

Dodge is back with muscle that sends muscle aficionados to the Dodge show room.

edro14

BTW how much value does a Camaro coming out of the show room in the first year?

Don't see Dodge cars losing that much!

_g R_
Member Avatar

Looks like a Mercedes.Posted Image
Jesse Ventura 2020

_g R_
Member Avatar

Well...a little.
Posted Image
Jesse Ventura 2020

edro14

Test drove an Audi convertible yesterday after being clipped in the right front fender.

Had to rent a car so I settled for a Doge Charger Hemi. Nice ride, but I sure miss my 325i convertible. Time for a doctor visit for my sweet ride.

Lucky no one was hurt.

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
_g R_
Jan 14 2017, 11:35 AM
Looks like a Mercedes.Posted Image
That is not what the new car will look like. That is a concept car that used the same name from around 10 years ago.

The new Demon will be a varient of the Hellcat if one can trust the ads.

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
A couple more articles.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/01/26/dodge-demon-will-smoke-street-legal-slicks.html

Looks like it is gonna ride on 315/40R18 rubber.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/01/19/dodge-demon-drops-weight-as-it-gets-wide.html

And will weigh 200 lbs less than a Hellcat.

Here is the official demon website.

http://www.dodge.com/en/ifyouknowyouknow/

Demon teaser videos 2 and 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6hjhFuQIbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDJip8RHn-8

70-101
Member Avatar

Posted Image

I see some styling cues along the side from the 2013 BMW Z4, but that grill is hideous. Thank goodness Chrysler is finally phasing out the cross grill in most of its vehicles, after what 30 years or so? :shakeshead:

Edited by 70-101, Jan 27 2017, 04:16 AM.

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
70-101
Jan 27 2017, 04:14 AM
Posted Image

I see some styling cues along the side from the 2013 BMW Z4, but that grill is hideous. Thank goodness Chrysler is finally phasing out the cross grill in most of its vehicles, after what 30 years or so? :shakeshead:

That is not the new car. The Demon looks like a Hellcat with really wide fenders.

Posted Image

70-101
Member Avatar

Demagogue
Jan 27 2017, 11:06 AM
70-101
Posted Image

That is not the new car. The Demon looks like a Hellcat with really wide fenders.

Posted Image
:cheers:

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
For the record or any of you who were curious and made comments about the resemblance to the Z4, that 2008 Demon Concept car was almost certainly based off of the Chrysler Crossfire.

Posted Image

I had a friend who owned one of those. It is actually a rebranded Mercedes SLK. It was available with a supercharger that made it a pretty neat ride. Very fun to drive on a curvy road but about as far away from being a 700+Hp muscle car as your can get without being a minvan.

So, if you are looking for a pretty cool sporty coupe that you can pick up on the cheap and like the looks of that 2008 Demon concept, then you might be able to find one for under $10K.
Edited by Demagogue, Jan 27 2017, 02:38 PM.

70-101
Member Avatar

Consumer Reports was never Crossfire friendly, but that car was red hot in SRT-6 trim, brakes, suspension everything. I think it had a Mercedes supercharged engine - that was AMG certified.

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
70-101
Jan 27 2017, 02:52 PM
Consumer Reports was never Crossfire friendly, but that car was red hot in SRT-6 trim, brakes, suspension everything. I think it had a Mercedes supercharged engine - that was AMG certified.

Yeah, almost every drive train part on that car is Daimler. Even the ignition key.

bomb 20

70-101
Jan 27 2017, 02:18 PM
Demagogue
70-101
Posted Image

Posted Image
Actually THAT is a picture of the new Challenger Hellcat Demon. It comes with wider fenders so they can put in the wide tires the car needs/deserves.

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
bomb 20
Jan 30 2017, 05:56 PM
70-101
Jan 27 2017, 02:18 PM
Demagogue
70-101
Posted Image

Posted Image
Actually THAT is a picture of the new Challenger Hellcat Demon. It comes with wider fenders so they can put in the wide tires the car needs/deserves.
Yes, the red one is the teaser picture of the new car that they have released.

70-101
Member Avatar

The new Trans Am is also going to be one hellacious car Scissors doors and all, it should max out at 56k - if only I was 30 years younger.

Posted Image

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
Put on some good headphones and just listen to the glorious sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_zw62uIa4k
Edited by Demagogue, Feb 9 2017, 06:27 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Automotive · Next Topic »
Add Reply