Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chevrolet SS Manufacturing Plant Receives Huge 1000-Car Order from America; The Australian plant that manufactures the Holden Commodore just got a heck of an order.
Topic Started: Sep 24 2016, 08:02 AM (1,119 Views)
wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

Posted Image

The Chevy SS is often the butt-end of a joke when it comes to car sales in America. Everyone just assumes no one will buy a big expensive rear-wheel-drive manual V8-powered sedan anymore. But those people are wrong, because the plant in Australia that makes the SS just got an order for 1000 more American-bound badass burnout machines.

According to Australian publication Perth Now, Holden's (Chevrolet's Australian brand) Elizabeth plant received an order from America for an additional 1000 SS sedans to be built and shipped to our shores.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a30908/chevrolet-ss-manufacturing-plant-receives-1000-car-order-from-america/
I thought as I got older, I would learn wisdom and patience, but the only thing I have learned so far is that I don't give a damn.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bomb 20

In mainstream auto manufacturing 1,000 car is NOT a huge order. Not even close. To give an example, the limited production GT350 caps out at 5,000 cars.
Now if it was Ferrari and not Chevy making the order then 1,000 would be huge.

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

Maybe it's huge for Holden. They only sold 102K cars in 2015
I thought as I got older, I would learn wisdom and patience, but the only thing I have learned so far is that I don't give a damn.

70-101
Member Avatar

Holden is on the ropes, they're leaving Australia sometime next year and Toyota Australias last car maker will likely be leaving in a few years. Mitsubishi pulled out of Australia in 08 and Ford will end Australian production soon, if it has not already done so. Holden said recently it would still have it's national sales company, parts distribution center and design studio in Australia after 2017, and that's it, future sales and service of Holden cars would be unaffected. But they'll also be more expensive because they'll be imported.
"We should not confuse populism with popularity" - R. Wolffe

edro14

In Australia it is cheaper to buy an imported vehicle. Labor cost are high.

70-101
Member Avatar

edro14
Oct 3 2016, 07:37 PM
In Australia it is cheaper to buy an imported vehicle. Labor cost are high.
Labor costs are high in Australia, no question about it. But it's more complex than just high labor costs. GM Holden’s chairman, Dan Akerson, said recently the decision to end manufacturing in Australia was due to numerous mostly negative influences the automotive industry faces in the country, including the strength of the Australian dollar, the high cost of production, and a small and fragmented domestic market.

edro14

Yes it translate to high costs at every turn. Like I said it is cheaper to buy imports there. That may explain why Toyota and Subaru are the top dogs there.

Member013

1000 is not even 2 days work.

edro14

Seems Holden is the last Auto manufacture left in the land of OZ.

70-101
Member Avatar

edro14
Oct 5 2016, 09:54 AM
Toyota has been building cars in Australia since the early 60s, and I believe they're still building Camry's in Victoria.
Edited by 70-101, Oct 5 2016, 10:09 AM.

edro14

I figured you would come back with that, knew it so. Just helping bump this thread some.

edro14

Toyota has also announced it will quit Australia.

"Today is an emotional day for the entire team of Ford Australia,"Whickman said.
"We are saying goodbye to some wonderful manufacturing colleagues who have done a great deal for Ford in Australia," he said.
Ford, General Motors Co. and Toyota Motor Corp. announced in 2013 that they were quitting Australia and shedding 6,600 jobs because of high production costs, distance from potential export markets and increasing competition.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/after-91-years-fords-australian-car-production-line-ends/ar-BBx79rI?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=spartanntp
Edited by edro14, Oct 7 2016, 10:00 AM.

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

When talking about major players in the Automobile Manufacturing industry, using the terms "Huge" and "1000 car" is just plain stupid. :lol:
Podesta/Clinton DC Pedophile ring. Pass it on.

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

edro14
Oct 5 2016, 09:54 AM
Holden! :cheers:

Posted Image

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

wilmywood8455
Sep 24 2016, 08:02 AM
Posted Image

The Chevy SS is often the butt-end of a joke when it comes to car sales in America. Everyone just assumes no one will buy a big expensive rear-wheel-drive manual V8-powered sedan anymore. But those people are wrong, because the plant in Australia that makes the SS just got an order for 1000 more American-bound badass burnout machines.

According to Australian publication Perth Now, Holden's (Chevrolet's Australian brand) Elizabeth plant received an order from America for an additional 1000 SS sedans to be built and shipped to our shores.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a30908/chevrolet-ss-manufacturing-plant-receives-1000-car-order-from-america/
That's a Pontiac G8 you have a picture of there.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by Robertr2000, Oct 7 2016, 02:00 PM.

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

1) That was the photo with the article.
2) I doubt they'd include a photo of a discontinued make and model.
3) Go away. Post some conspiracies for the weak minded among us.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Automotive · Next Topic »
Add Reply