Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Truth Behind What Caused Paul Walker's Fatal Crash; nine year old tires ... lack of grip
Topic Started: Sep 13 2016, 07:47 PM (787 Views)
wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

Your tires are the most important part of your car. They can make you faster, they can save your life, or they can get you killed, even if you’re the star of a major car-centric action franchise, and even if you aren’t driving. (Spoiler alert: the driver dies too).

Considering how important tires are, they aren’t given nearly enough credit in the media or in car-guy circles. Sure, every racer talks about tires, and a lot of canyon warriors will sit on top of the snake talking setup, but on the internet and in casual conversation with casual enthusiasts, tires are a dull topic. You certainly can’t brag about them on a forum the way you can with your upgraded turbo and fresh dyno chart. You have to go into the Grassroots Motorsports catalog, or to a very specific sub-genre to see a tire comparison test for your desired application, so most people just end up reading reviews on TireRack.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/truth-behind-caused-paul-walkers-195132892.html
I thought as I got older, I would learn wisdom and patience, but the only thing I have learned so far is that I don't give a damn.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

"No one talked about the tires. Everyone wanted to hang Paul and Roger out to dry as their speeding scapegoats. The tires were a footnote to an exaggerated story, and it became a missed opportunity to teach a very real lesson. The LA Times reported one article on it nearly 5 months after the crash, and that was it. The cause of the crash was still ruled “unsafe speed for the conditions.” And not “tires, which may as well have been made of paper mache.”"
I thought as I got older, I would learn wisdom and patience, but the only thing I have learned so far is that I don't give a damn.

Coast2coast

I remember the first time I tried tires on the car -- MAJOR difference!

Coast2coast

Okay, sorry. It's... well... yeah.

But to the topic I would agree and have learned as someone that brought tires when he had no money to speak of vs. times when I could afford the better round ones. Control is everything.

Okay, that said - speed kills. You don't lose control at 35 the same way that you do at 70 in an enclosed space like a street, which are also not constructed or designed for those speeds.

Look, I'm singing to the choir. I doubt there is anything I could tell you about cars with the exception of advising you to watch your knees getting in my car to drive it, you're probably taller than me. And now you know that, so nothing.

There are so many factors that can go into an accident. Things go wrong all the time. The results of things going wrong are supercharged at super speeds.

wilmywood8455
Member Avatar

Yes. As in aerodynamics, danger increases exponentially with speed.

But it's not the speed that gets you. It's the sudden stop.
Edited by wilmywood8455, Sep 13 2016, 09:09 PM.

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

Paul Walker was killed by the Illuminati.
Tik is a Flat-Earther and so are all his friends.

voted4reagan
Member Avatar

Robertr2000
Sep 19 2016, 07:11 PM
How do you know that?

You a member?

Prove it.

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

voted4reagan
Sep 20 2016, 05:03 AM
Robertr2000
How do you know that?

You a member?

Prove it.
Posted Image

:tongue:

clone
Member Avatar
dis·pu·ta·tious
When we first started transitioning the majority of my business to the net one of my first mentors who we worked with died in a crash in the very same Porsche model...and that was on a track.....sad day

I remember the first time I drove a 930 turbo....that thing was bonkers....tires or no tires...
Edited by clone, Sep 20 2016, 07:45 PM.

Liberalism is a mental disorder... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adolph Hipster
Member Avatar

voted4reagan
Robertr2000
How do you know that?

You a member?

Prove it.
One would think that our robertr2000 being so privy to the sinister doings of Evil Inc. would have been "deleted" long ago. :dunno:
I have come ten million miles
And traveled on your Earth
And with his hands
The fiery beast may consummate my birth

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

Adolph Hipster
Sep 21 2016, 12:01 AM
voted4reagan
Robertr2000
How do you know that?

You a member?

Prove it.
One would think that our robertr2000 being so privy to the sinister doings of Evil Inc. would have been "deleted" long ago. :dunno:
Ya but I'm nobody. And there's millions of us.... :cool:

Edited by Robertr2000, Sep 21 2016, 10:33 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Automotive · Next Topic »
Add Reply